Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Chad and Shaun Horton wrote:

> A. It reduces the number of SPAM and virus emails originating from our
> customers. Most Internet Service Providers have adopted this practice to
> reduce spam. We must take this action to ensure that a few bulk emailers
> do not get the entire Cox.net domain blacklisted from sending mail to
> other Internet Service Providers.

That doesn't make sense. Now, if someone chooses to send unsolicited
through a cox.net mail server and then cox's SMTP server is added to
popular DNSBL lists, then many would have problems sending email.

At least before, only individual hosts would be blocked. (In some cases,
some DNSBLs list larger networks.)

And both ways, cox.net can easily track who the spammers are (since they
are their customers).

Jeremy C. Reed
http://www.reedmedia.net/