Good Bye Linux

Author: Gary Nichols
Subject: Good Bye Linux
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, R Melder at SPiN Internet Media wrote:

> If you want an out-of-the-box MS alternative that makes a solid work station
> and has a community of support... Just go buy a Mac with OS X.

I couldn't agree more.

*pets Powermac on desk*

> There are many reasons to run Linux, and *nix in general. It's definitely
> not a toy, rather, more like a pet. A pet rottweiler. When it's a puppy it's
> cute and it pees everwhere. Once you feed it and train it, it's the meanest
> dog in the neighborhood and it protects you from attack.

Oh, that's a potential .sig if I ever saw one. :))

> There's a reason that Oracle, Sun, Silicon Graphics, IBM, and so on and so
> on are adopting linux for their purposes.

Preach it brother. Yea-ahs!

> Sounds like Tom didn't have a good experience and for his purpose, needs an
> "out-of-the-box" desktop OS solution.

I still think the OSX suggestion is a good one.

> I find XP to be a great desktop OS as well.

Perhaps if you dress in white, shave your head bald, wear a pinky ring and
have a pet cat named "Mr. Bigglesworth".

*grin*

> It's all about your purpose.

Can't argue that. It's all about choice.