status of Mandrake Linux (was: Convince me about Debian)

Author: Scott H
Subject: status of Mandrake Linux (was: Convince me about Debian)
Mandrake has not really "gone under". They filed
for chapter 11 bankruptcy - in effect a
reorganizing status where they can get debts off
their back and put up a plan for profitability.
Many companies do this and come out fine. This
was in January. It remains to be seen if they
will pull out of it, and I haven't read anything
lately, but their new CEO seems to be taking big
steps to cut costs and bring them back.

.