Converting MS Outlook Address Book to Evolution

Author: Craig White
Subject: Converting MS Outlook Address Book to Evolution
On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 10:22, George Gambill wrote:
> Looking at the Export/Import routines of both systems it seems that:
>
> Evolution can import:
>     Outlook Express 4 (.mbx)
>     VCard (.vcf, .gcrd)
>     LDAP (Data Interchange Format (.ldif)
>     MBox (.mbox)
>     iCalander Files (.ics)

> MS Outlook Can Export:
>    Comma Separated Values (DOS)
>    Comma Separated Values (Win)
>    Tab Separated Values (DOS)
>    Tab Separated Values (Win)
>    dBase
>    MS Access (.mdb)
>    MS Excel
>    MS FoxPro (.dbf)
>    Personal Folder (.pst)

> Anyone know of a data conversion routine (preferably on Linux) that can
> create (from MS Outlook) to one of the Evolution data structures???
>
> I have spent hours googling for such a critter. 8-(

----
If we are talking Address Book (Outlook refers to them as Contacts) then
ldif should work as long as you convert the line endings to proper unix
format CR/LF to LF

My method was to run Netscape on Windows, import the contacts using
Netscape on Windows and then drag the address book over to Linux and
import that into Netscape/Mozilla and Evolution can import that.

If you are talking mail...we have discussed that in the not to recent
past.

Craig