TV to PC Monitor

Author: Jonathan Claxton
Subject: TV to PC Monitor

On Sat, 10 May 2003, linux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Do you know of any hardware/software products that would allow me to watch
> TV on my computer?
>
> Sundar

I assume that you mean watching tv under Linux?

There are LOTS of tv cards that one can pick. Just make sure that it is
compitable with Linux. http://bttv-v4l2.sourceforge.net/ is a place to
start. Another place is http://www.exploits.org/v4l/ and still another one
is http://linuxtv.org/dvb/ Most of the TV cards are driven by the bttv
device kernel driver.

I'm running a Humppuage TV card that I watch TV all the time on a monitor
in a window. I use zapping(Yep... that is a program) to watch tv.

I also have a MSI G4Ti4200-VTD8X card that has VIVO jacks that I can watch
TV on my other Linux box. The special driver for it is a bit rough and is
watchable but it's enuff for me to watch tv if my other box goes south for
whatever reason.