Cleaning out Swap

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: Cleaning out Swap
--=-oR1el7hU0hzqDO4wiF0V

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 09:29, Carl Parrish wrote:
> Is there a way to clean out swap space? If so what are the disadvantages
> to using it? I almost never turn off my computer but after playing a
> game (ie. MythII) my swap space is over run. I don't need to cache
> anything there so I'd like to clear up my swap space.=20

The only way that I know if is to unmount your swap, and then remount
it. But in theory this shouldn't be required. Swap should only have in
it things you aren't using... it would probably be better to have the
RAM doing disk caching in this case anyway.

        --Ted

--=-oR1el7hU0hzqDO4wiF0V

--=-oR1el7hU0hzqDO4wiF0V--