SSH buggy?

Author: Gary Nichols
Subject: SSH buggy?
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Stephen Andert wrote:
> I'm working on a project and one of the requirements is SSH. Someone made
> this comment about SSH: "my impression is that it is fairly buggy -
> especially the freeware version"

If they are refering to Openssh, then they are talking about the
occasional security flaws that are found and fixed with lightening speed
(no different than any other piece of software). Sounds like a possible
FUD issue.

> Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this? I guess it probably
> depends on the OS (Tru64, HP10, HP11 and RedHat version TBD, probably AS)
> and the implementation.

As a security practitioner, I highly recommend ssh for secure
communications for some things. It really depends on the requirements of
your project. There are plenty of solutions available.