Modem Problem almost resolved

Author: Michael Havens
New-Topics: Anyone actually using KPPP?
Subject: Modem Problem almost resolved
My modem problems are irritating and still present=2E
After Chris Bardin relayed the advice given him by the Mandrake people the m=
odem would dial out; unfortunately that is all it does! Just before the exch=
ange of login and password takes place it disconnects=2E Then I got an exter=
nal modem=2E (a ZOOM) And now it does the same thing it did before=2E Accord=
ing to the kppp debug window it happens after the ATZ appears after it dial=
s the phone number=2E
Could someone relay to me their 'Modem Command' settings that is in the kppp=
configure? The onesw I think are relevant are:
Hangup string: +++ATH
Answer string: ATA
Escape string: +++
:-)Mike(-: