New x11 problem

Author: Alexander Henry
New-Topics: New x11 problem ~~WARNING~~
Subject: New x11 problem

wrote:

> OK I reconigured it... But now it starts x automaticly. As the frequencie stuff
> has not been set one I can not see anything.
>
> How do I not enter X on startup, or quit out with just keystrokes?

ctrl-alt-backspace to dump X and get to a prompt.

Else, reboot, and when LILO presents itself, hit escape, and you can get to a
command prompt from there, though not a full Linux boot. Then go into /etc/init.d/
and chmod 000 kdm; chmod 000 gdm; etc. This short circuits so the machine won't
have access to it. You will then be able to reboot with full Linux and it will not
attempt to load X, just give you a command prompt.

--Alexander