Offshore programming

Author: Vaughn Treude
Subject: Offshore programming
Regarding Indian firms' pricing: I knew they had to go up, although I didn't
expect it to happen so soon. Low prices increase demand causing them to jack
up their rates. Another issue is the value of the dollar - I expect our
sorry balance of trade and our deficit spending on this ill-advised war to
cause the value of our currency to drop, making our rates more competitive.
Lucky for us - unlike manufacturing, software development doesn't take much
of an infrastructure investment, so our industry can respond quickly to price
changes.
Sorry, couldn't resist putting in my two cents.

Vaughn