Wireless network questions

Author: Jenny Charlene
Subject: Wireless network questions
On Sunday 09 March 2003 10:29 pm, Alan Dayley wrote:
> To summarize the house placement I made a little web page so interested
> parties can see what I am worried about
> (http://www.mindspring.com/~alandd/wirelessgoal.html). Essentially the=

re
> is a house directly between the two we want to network. It would be
> easiest on both ends if we can shoot the signal straight through the ho=

use
> in between but I don't know if that is feasable with CANtannas. I gues=

s we
> can pick the line that passed through the least of the house between bu=

> putting the CANtannas where that can be done.

Well, one option, using the Fry's tech lend-lease program, would be to se=
t it=20
up with off the shelf wireless access points, and see if you can get the=20
range. I have a friend that has a wap/router on her DSL line, and a frien=
d of=20
hers is accessing it about 3 short blocks away. So you might not need a=20
cantenna. FWIW.
--=20
Take care,
Jenny

Random quote of the day:
Q:=09What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
A:=09A canary with the super-user password.