The new guy has some questions.

Author: George Toft
Subject: The new guy has some questions.
Pedro JANE wrote:
> =

> I cant get k3b to burn cds. whenever i try to burn an
> mp3 file i have downoaded from limwire it says"not all
> files buffered" what do i need to do to buffer them?
> =

> also, i really dont like Limewire. Is there anything
> better out there. or is there some way to get kazaa to
> work?
> thanks
> =

gtk-gnutella has Limewire beat, no questions asked. With its swarming
capability, and the ability to increase your gnutella connections from 4
to a bazillion, you can easily saturate your broadband/DSL connection
and find whatever you want really fast. What took me a couple weeks to
find/dl using Limewire is done in a couple days (if not hours) using
gtk-gnutella.

The downside is that it does not work well behind a firewall unless you
forward port 6346 to the machine running gtk-gnutella.

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!