Laptop Install

Author: James Mabry
Subject: Laptop Install
Jeff James wrote:
> I am looking at installing either RedHat 8.0 Professional or SUSE 8.1
>Professional on my Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop along with the Win XP
>which already exists on it. I was wondering if there was a recommendation
>of a Linux Distro which works best on laptops. I've been familiar with
>RH 8, but am open to suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Hey Jeff,
I've used more distributions than I care to count on my Inspiron 8100.
They all work relatively the same, it's just some require more tweaking
than others. Redhat or Mandrake were the distributions that needed the
least amount of tweaking as far as hardware is concerned. You might want
to continue working with RedHat if that is what you are more familiar with.

--
Slackware Linux -
Find out about the 4S rule.

Then try it out for yourself.