INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Author: DARREN BROWN
Subject: INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
Group,

After installing RH 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-3 on a i686 machine. I did read a
message about not having enough memory to run X. I then installed more EDO
memory and have 98MB now, but I still rcv the message about respawning to
fast.

I really don't need X, but it would be nice to have. So, my question is how
can I correct this problem? What changes do I need to make?

Regards,
Darren

PS. I think there was a thread on this before, but I have no reference to
when it happened.