Waging War on Business

Author: Vaughn Treude
Subject: Waging War on Business
Michelle makes a very good point. I was at a company where a similar
situation existed - many of the install CD's had disappeared. (They finally
locked up the remaining install CD's in the parts cage.) In the case of a
software audit, it might have been difficult for them to prove their
innocense. In situations like this, it would also be easy for a disgruntled
employee to set his company up, that is, install the software himself and
then blow the whistle.

Which brings up my point - you can oppose something (theft for example) and
yet also oppose a particular method of enforcement (e.g., anonymous tips,
illegal searches, self incrimination, double jeopardy.) The BSA is, I
think, dangerously close to being a law unto itself.

Vaughn Treude
Nakota Software, Inc.