Open Office issue

Author: Fred Wright
Subject: Open Office issue
Do you have the "Installation Guide" (a .pdf file) that comes with OO? I
used that with good success in installing OO 1.0.1 on SuSE 8.0. In the
guide (Chapter 4), they are quite specific in their instructions (for
Linux/Unix) to do a Multi-User or Network installation even though you
might be installing on a single machine. This is a 2-phase process! Phase
one is the base install as ROOT or as a user with system access rights on
the target machine. Complete this installation in a directory to which
users have read and execute access rights using the -net parameter on the
setup program. Phase two is completed by EACH user. The user then logs
into the system and performs a Workstation Installation of OO in his or her
home directory.

If you do not have the Installation Guide, let me know and I can send to
you as an email attachment.

--
Fred Wright