Downtown Users Group

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Downtown Users Group
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:18:03 -0700 (MST) Derek Neighbors <>
wrote:
> At one time I had planned on starting a
> downtown Users Group (MC GLUG)
> Maricopa County GNU/Linux Users Group), trying
> to offer meetings during
> the lunch hour or at close of business. To
> encourage state, county, city
> engineers and other downtown businesses (such
> as AZ Republic, Wells Fargo,
> etc) to attend.
>
> It of course would be open to anyone. I was
> curious how many people on
> this list would be interested in such 'brown
> bag' sessions.
>
> -Derek

I would suggest that the name be kept under the PLUG banner like we do for the
"East Side Meeting" or "West Side Meeeting" or "Devel Meeting." It would be
the "PLUG Downtown Meeting" or "PLUG Lunch Meeting" or "PLUG Downtown Lunch
Meeting."

Unless, of course, you really want to start a new group. That is up to you
but fragmentation is not always a good thing.

Alan