Syncing Palm V with J-Pilot

Author: Liberty Young
Subject: Syncing Palm V with J-Pilot
Sounds like something i did incorrectly when i was first figuring it all
out. It took me a few tries before i figured it out....I never
would have figured it out if i hadn't been using the USB cradle.

Click the sync button on the Palm Pilot First,
then click the sync button in JPilot (instead of doing it the other way
around, like it sounds like you're doing).

I figured it out by JPilot complaining that /dev/ttyUSB0 didn't exist,
but i noticed that it would only exist after I pressed the pilot's sync
button, and only last while the palm pilot was trying to sync with the
laptop.