USB scanner interfering with WLAN?

Author: Kurt Granroth
Subject: USB scanner interfering with WLAN?
I just got an Epson 1650 USB scanner. It works great with both the "normal"
sane packages and the Epson provided tools. However, I noticed that
whenever I initiate a scan, my wireless network on that computer goes down.
I can still ping to hosts on my normal ethernet network.. but nothing gets
through my wlan0 one. I am using the prism2_pci with a linksys pci card.

I did a decent amount of searching on the topic but came up with nothing.
Anybody else experience this or (better yet) have a solution?
--
Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist |