Dot.Bombs AZ Style

Author: der.hans
Subject: Dot.Bombs AZ Style
Am 20. Dec, 2002 schw=E4tzte Daniel Wolstenholme so:

> I interviewed there in early 2002, but the impression I got as
> an interviewee was that it was an all-MS shop as I never saw
> Linux anywhere, and when I asked about it I was only told about
> its use in target systems. All the desktop systems I saw were
> MS, and I was told that all the host systems were MS using
> Citrix Metaframe. My resume intentionally had no mention of any
> MS products on it, but the people in my interview seemed more
> interested in whether I'd be willing to learn WinCE than
> anything Unix-based. I was told that customers wanted Windows
> and .NET, so that's where they were going. Considering that the
> Dice.com ad for the position seemed very pro-Linux, I felt
> rather deceived at the interview when I found out how big a
> priority Windows was. This was one of the main reasons I had
> for rejecting the job.

Sound like you were i/viewing for a job on the platforms team. The
main ( only? ) customer at that point was mostly using some m$
platform. Unfortunately, mgt thought doing free work for m$ would save the
company, so there was an infusion of wince and .NET.

Silly Rabbits.

The platforms team had to deal with that directly. I felt sorry for them.

> The other was that they had burned through 3 rounds of funding
> without becoming profitable, and told me that they only had
> enough funding to last till November. Guess the 4th round
> didn't come through.

Yeah, they blew through a lot of dough before I hired on. They didn't have
the dough they claimed when I hired on either :(. I still got to work with
some good people, so it was at least a somewhat worthwhile gig.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,
#  Vote Cthulhu for President!