Open Source/Free Software in Maricopa Government

Author: Digital Wokan
Subject: Open Source/Free Software in Maricopa Government
Derek Neighbors wrote, On 12/18/2002 3:46 PM:
>>But then Maricopa County would have to hire competent IT people at
>>market rates, instead of incompetent hacks at 2/3rds of market rate!
>
> What makes you think they dont pay people at market rate? Is this just
> your opinion or do you have fact to back it up? I think you are carrying
> forward the myth of government employees a bit too much.

Maybe it's just my jaded experience from my last job hunt, but every
time I see someone complain about getting paid or paying market rates,
the thing they aren't voicing is their complaint that they can't get
$75K to do a $40K job.

Wake up. Market rates are what your competitors are willing to work for.