Stretching audio files

Author: Gontran Zepeda
Subject: Stretching audio files
# Rick Rosinski (),
# on 2002-11-27 at 15:28:21 -0700 wrote:
> mpg321 doesn't have any options noted on its man page and mpg123 doesn't have
> a man page on my sytem (Slack 8), but mpg321 stated that it is pretty much
> the same thing.

Apparantly I didn't RC. Maybe I was thinking about sox ... In any event
there's a project called 'rawrec' that claims to be able to do this.

Project Description:

rawrec and rawplay are utilities designed to provide the user with a
simple way of recording and playing raw audio data. Options exist to
control the timing and padding of the run as well as the dsp
parameters. The main ring buffer size and buffer fragment size can be
set if desired. These programs are particularly useful in conjunction
with the sox utility.

hth,
Gontran