M8.2 and printers

Author: Dennis Kibbe
New-Topics: RH Kernel Vulnurability
Subject: M8.2 and printers
On Saturday 16 November 2002 10:35 am, you wrote:
> I need to get a printer working with M8.2 fast. I have an Epson Stylus
> Color 600 that the install seems to recognize but fails to print a test
> page. Anyone have this printer up and printing with M8.2?
>
> Anyone wanna suggest a printer that works with M8.2?

Jim,

One thing I noticed with my Mandrake 8.2 setup is that if set the security
level is set higher CUPS doesn't start when the computer boots and I need to
go in the Print Manager and restart CUPS.

Of course, if you can't print a test page during first setup then I'm
clueless. BIOS setting? Old non-bidirectional parallel cable?

Dennis