About spam...

Author: G.D.Thurman
Subject: About spam...
Hello PLUG Members...

Today's (28 October 2002) Arizona Republic has an
editorial on the topic of email spam.

Choking on a diet of spam
Our stand: Online junk mail demands regulation
http://www.arizonarepublic.com/opinions/articles/1028mon2-28.html
[temporary URL due to the Republic's archive policy]

I don't know why, but my heart rate rises every time
there is talk about regulating the Internet.

I think the editorial is deficient covering such an
important topic. I was in the process of formulating
a "letter to the editor," but I thought this may be a
potential forum for the PLUG to provide expert advice
to the community as a whole as to what spam is and how
it should be handled.

A response, if any, must be produced quickly. If the
PLUG is not interested in this type of activity, then
I will write a letter as a private citizen (now I wish
I was a spam guru).

Thanks.

G.D. Thurman
Tempe, AZ