losing my usb mouse during suspend

Author: Voltage Spike
Subject: losing my usb mouse during suspend
On Friday 25 October 2002 01:23 pm, Nathan England wrote:
> Oddly that was my answer to the problem as well..
> It seems to me that the usb device number changes? So it is seen as a
> different mouse? I've been too lazy as well..

I have the same problem with my system, but I see it when I use
"Ctl-Alt-Backspace" to kill X. I know that the USB device number does not
change in my system. It probably is not changing on yours, either, but it is
possible given the correct configuration of X and the devfs (i.e. it could
change and still be recognized).

As far as I can tell, it is losing some sort of "lock" on the mouse (file
socket maybe?) but it is restored whenever you switch into X. It has never
been enough of a problem to devote much thought to it. :-)

- --
                        Voltage Spike
      ,,,
     (. .)