I need some help please???

Author: steve burton
Subject: I need some help please???
------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C27769.71B11FA0

I'm brand new to linux and I have some questions which are probably prett=
y basic, but not to me. OK first off I am running RH 8 Just got it instal=
led on a compaq presairio laptop with an external usb floppy which I am u=
nable to use. I tried to use the disk formatter under the system tools an=
d I get the message Unable to open the device /dev/fd0, Formating cannot =
continue.
Ok next question I know when I press Ctrl/Alt/F1 It takes me out of the G=
UI but how do I get back to the GUI.
Next the pipe symbol, I can't find that on my keyboard
Thanks in advance for any help

FrankGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer=
.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C27769.71B11FA0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>I'm brand new =
to linux and I have some questions which are probably pretty basic, but n=
ot to me. OK first off I am running RH&nbsp;8 Just got it installed on a =
compaq presairio laptop with an external usb floppy which I am unable to =
use. I tried to use the disk formatter under the system tools and I get t=
he message Unable to open the device /dev/fd0, Formating cannot continue.=
</DIV> <DIV>Ok next question I know when I press Ctrl/Alt/F1 It takes me =
out of the GUI but how do I get back to the GUI.</DIV> <DIV>Next the pipe=
symbol, I can't find that on my keyboard</DIV> <DIV>Thanks in advance fo=
r any help<BR><BR>Frank</DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more f=
rom the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C27769.71B11FA0--