Open Source transactional system

Author: Dennis Kibbe
Subject: Open Source transactional system
On Monday 14 October 2002 07:29 am, you wrote:
> I'm looking for a production level open source shopping cart setup for a
> web site. Does anyone have any experience using something like this?
>
> I am only starting my search, but am hoping for any recommendations.
> I'm hoping Kim will have some input here?
>
> nathan

Nathan,

I'll using OScommerce, which is PHP & MySQL. Works quite well and handles
orders, credit cards, shipping (will work with USPS, UPS & Fedex servers to
get pricing), taxes. You can use PayPal with it and even let the customer
display prices in Euros.

OSCommerce is fairly easy to set up and very easy to administer. There are
hundreds of live stores around the world using it.

Your can download it from www.oscommerce.com and you can see a working site
(mine) at http//www.viewcamerastore.com/catalog/

Documentation is a little sparse but If you've got any questions about
OScommerce I can try to answer them for you.

Dennis Kibbe