GNOME or KDE?

Author: KevinO
Subject: GNOME or KDE?
John or Peg wrote:
> ... are there any good open source development environments
> available (replacement for visual studio or codewrite)? (yes, vi is an
> option, but I've become addicted to the color-coded keywords)

Kdevelop is one but there are others.

The newer versions of vim (vi-improved) support color-coded keywords by
default. Open a file with an extension (ie: .java, .c, etc.) and the editor
will adjust itself. The behaviors of vim are completely customizable. Type vim
by itself on the command line and read the instructions/tutorial.

- --
KevinO

Matz's Law:
        A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.