RH 8.0 Sound problem

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: RH 8.0 Sound problem
Interesting that an update left bogus icons and a new install worked, at least
with the icons. It would be good to know what your desktop
configuration/history was before the update. There must be a bug with the
update process.

I just attempted to do the 8.0 install as an update to see what my results
would be, after the backup of my data. The disc 1 on my CD set is broken so
I could not do it. I will have to wait until I can aquire another set.

Sorry that I only have comments on your woes. I don't know where you can go
with the sound. sndconfig has always done the trick for me but I have not
use RH 8.0 yet.

Alan