ntp was Re: System clock.

Author: Kevin Brown
Subject: ntp was Re: System clock.
I'm having a small issue with a server of mine. I can't get it to sync to any
time server to help keep it correct. Tried the command below, what I see is:

8 Oct 21:58:27 ntpdate : no server suitable for synchronization found

I can manually adjust it with date and then sync the system to the hardware
clock, but it very rapidly drifts (e.g. set it now, by tommorrow night it will
be 2 or 3 minutes fast and slowly increasing more). Since I can sync my Windows
machines by using Worldtime, I spent a little time trying to find an NTP server
daemon for Windows that the linux machines could sync to. Didn't find anything
that would work (guess I need to improve my searching skills).

I wonder if being behind a NAT router could be affecting what ntpdate is trying
to find.