Free Software for m$

Author: der.hans
Subject: Free Software for m$
Am 24. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Tom Achtenberg so:

> I am using Outlook 6. I haven't a clue what you mean by "RFC compliant".

RFC is short for 'request for comment'. The RFCs are the standards. If
you're not RFC compliant, you're going against the standard.

Standards are what makes the Internet ( and every engineering project )
possible.

> In a commercial situation I can see signing some messages. To always sign
> all only adds needless overhead and bandwidth usage.

Far less than html mail and winmail.dat, both of which are pushed down our
throats by m$. winmail.dat isn't even close to being a standard. It's a
proprietary addon that gums up the works.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans