which distro - Asbestos on!!!

Author: Mike Starke
Subject: which distro - Asbestos on!!!
That is my impression as well.

-Mike

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:18:36AM -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:
On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 22:10, Mike Starke wrote:
> Do we have any statistics supporting a statement
> that most of the group runs Debian. Not that I mind,
> it's been my sole OS for more than 3 years; I was just
> wondering what the numbers were.

For clarification, I dont think much of the LUG runs it. When I first
started coming to meetings the only person on list or in person I could
find that would 'admit' to liking it was Hans.

I think it just happens to be that recently quite a few people have
tried it and that those that answer a lot of questions here and are
active really like Debian and so talk about it a lot.

I think if we did active inventory of machines of all plug users less
than 10% actually run Debian. Most are probably Mandrake/Red Hat.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful? Let others know: