root problems!

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: root problems!
I am about to display by bad admin skills for all to see. I need help.

I attempted to run the send-keys (recv-keys) script to put my key on the
servers. I got the error "bash: ./send-keys: /bin/sh: bad interpreter:
Permission denied" OK, /bin/sh exists but I must not have permission to use
the "sh" shell. I went to su as root and did "chmod 666 /bin/sh" and then
"exit". The send-keys command gave me the same error.

Then, I attempted to su to root again and got this: "su: cannot run /bin/bash:
Permission denied" I cannot su to root anymore! That chmod command I did to
/bin/sh messed up root and bash! Now how do I fix it when I cannot log in as
root! Are we talking emergency boot disk or something here? I don't know
what to do from here to get my access to root back.

Slap my hands if you want but tell me how to get my root access back!

Alan