Red Hat Desktop Integration

Author: foodog
Subject: Red Hat Desktop Integration
mslpop3 wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on Red Hat's effort to integrate KDE and
> GNOME? The fact that I have different desktop options is one of the
> things I really like about Linux.

> http://www.linuxprofessional.net soon. Thoughts on this? I'd like to
> include everyone's input.

>From what I've read of Redhat explaining their actions I think it's a

good strategic move. I saw some screenshots tonight (story on L.T.) and
thought it was kinda yoogly, but I'm reserving judgement. I was really
hoping it'd be out in time for IF2...

For ref, I've been using Redhat since 5.2 was released and have been
pleasantly surprised with almost every new release. I usually install
both KDE and Gnome, but run KDE.

As long as I can change things to work the way I want (one-click KDE)
I'll probably be happy with it. If they *really* hosed everything
(++unlikely) it'd give me a perfect excuse to learn how to build &
install KDE from source. It's hard for me to get mad at a company that
regularly gives me a spiffy new OS for free.

Steve