Red Hat Desktop Integration

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Red Hat Desktop Integration
Well said. I don't think that reasoned "bashing" of the embrace and extend or
lock-in practices is out of place. It is after all one of the main reasons to
move to Free Software, the freedom.

We all must work to make Linux and GNU and Free Software and Open Source "just
work" so that the freedom is pervasive, instead of ubiquitous lock-in. It is
an uphill (up cliff?) battle because of the entrenched proprietary "standards"
that have to be over come. Bridges in the form of Free tools that can play
prorprietary format games are needed to cross the gap to the land of Free
Software.

Red Hat makes a unified desktop and this makes them like Microsoft? Nope.
It's still Free Software and it adds to the choices. It's not "embrace and
extend" it's "change and release", exactly what the GPL is intended to allow
and promote.

Alan