Under the Brim Contest 36: Make It Stop

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Under the Brim Contest 36: Make It Stop
I think we should enter the constest. PLUG has done a lot to promote Linux and Open Source in genereal. I also think
it would a great benefit if RedHat were to make PLUG one of its stops. It would further help us promote Linux and
possibly increase membership. Points that could be made to RedHat for the contest entry could be:

1) The formation of AZOTO to help promote open source software.
2) Successful install fest, with another one coming up.
3) Active involvement in bringing public awareness to the problems with UCITA.
4) PLUG has expanded and now has East and West Side groups.
5) The Linux classes that have recently begun.
6) T-shirts sales (if RedHat were to stop in Phoenix, it would be really cool if everyone were wearing a PLUG T-
shirt!).
7) Several members are quite active in bringing Linux into the Arizona schools. This could tie in with RedHat's K-12
Pilot Program.

Just my 2 cents.
Peter