Linux-compatible PDA

Author: Voltage Spike
Subject: Linux-compatible PDA
On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 03:08 PM, Jeff James wrote:

> What is the best PDA for Linux ?  (RedHat 7.3 to be exact)

Anything Palm should work. I happen to be a fan of the Sony Clie
models (T-615 (color, high resolution) just dropped to about $240). If
you are looking for cheaper models (or longer battery life), then Sony
also has a monochrome model and the refurbished Handspring Visors can
be found at Fry's for less than $100. Note that all three models are
USB, but they should be automatically set up on Red Hat 7.3.

A lot of people seem to like the Compaq iPaq, which I also believe is
supported. At the very least, you can install Linux on it. :-)

One of my coworkers purchased the Sharp Zaurus. Although it is a bit
pricey, it runs Linux (including bash), has very good handwriting
recognition (and a thumb keypad), and manages to look really slick in
the process.

Good luck.

--
                                                           Logan Kennelly