Unix/Linux classes

Author: Lynn David Newton
Subject: Unix/Linux classes
Miles> Does anyone know where I might be able to take
Miles> a Unix/Linux class?

I teach two half-semester classes of Unix/Linux at UAT
(University of Advancing Technology). However:

o I think the classes are available only for regularly
enrolled students. I don't think you can take just
whatever classes you want, as in some community
colleges.

o I happen to be giving the final exam in the beginning
class today. The next time it starts will be on
October 27.

o Whereas my own classes are good (opinions on this
vary among the students, with a strong correlation to
how well the students are doing), I can't vouch for
any other courses given at UAT. I know for a fact
that previous iterations of Unix/Linux at UAT were
not well-taught.

o I personally believe there are better ways to learn
Unix/Linux than taking a course somewhere, many of
them free. (If I say that long and loud enough, I
could opine myself out of a job.)

--
Lynn