how to use GPG

Author: Scott Henderson
Subject: how to use GPG
OK, I don't yet fully understand GPG and it's time to learn it.
I need a bit of help. I've installed GPG and generated a key
pair, etc. Now I've downloaded some security software I want to
test from cisecurity.org. I've also downloaded the signature
file and the key used to sign the software. So, in order to
verify the file using GPG, I did a gpg --import cis-*.asc
(whatever the exact file name was..). But I get a response back:
"gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found. Total number processed: 0" I
look at the asc file, and it's a short text file, a PGP SIGNATURE
file. So I think, hmmm... this is a signature file. But what I
need is their public key. Is this right? And if so, where do I
find their public key? It doesn't say anything about it on their
web site. Thanks, Scott