Help! CDROM and Floppy locked on Mandrake OS

Author: Scott
Subject: Help! CDROM and Floppy locked on Mandrake OS
Sounds like the owner and/or group on /mnt/floppy and /mnt/cdrom go hosed.

Here are what my /cdrom and /floppy (I moved them - dont like them under
/mnt) look like:

--> ls -lad cdrom floppy
dr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root         2048 Oct 19  2000 cdrom
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Dec 26  2001 floppy

With these permissions and owernships, I am able to - as a plain old user
- mount cds and floppies with no problems.

Also, here is what the fstab entries look like:

/dev/cdrom  /cdrom        iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0    /floppy       auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

scott