Plug (und cox) (fwd)

Author: John Olson
Subject: Plug (und cox) (fwd)
The more I hear about cox, the more I'm glad to suffer with my sporadic
SprintBBD service (DSL not available). For one thing, Cox blocks a
plethora of ports including 25 and 110 (The list on their site
somewhere, you really have to hunt for it).
FWIW, Mesa has two cable systems, Cox and cableAmerica. I have a friend
on CableAmerica's cable service and he's happy. He's doing average user
stuff, but has a static IP, a cheap router behind his modem serving a
few Windows boxes, and does VPN to his employer with no problems.