Bridging 802.11 wireless networks...

Author: George Toft
Subject: Bridging 802.11 wireless networks...
Jiva DeVoe wrote:

> I have an Apple AirPort and a NetGear MR314 and I want to put one on one
> segment of my network, and the other on another segment. The two segments
> are not connected to each other. I want to connect them via the wireless
> hubs. Can I do this? And how?

Yes, you can - set them up in WAP Bridging mode.

I tried this last week. I spent 3 hours futzing with it, and could not
get it to bridge, despite RTFM 10x. I ended up setting one WAP up as a
WAP, and the other WAP as a WAP client. Works fine.

As you can see, there are multiple solutions to your problem.

George

--
If you feel you have received a virus from me, please read
    http://www.georgetoft.com/virus.html