OT: Consumer Advertising Law

Author: Logan Kennelly
Subject: OT: Consumer Advertising Law
While looking for a new laptop, I stopped by Fry's Electronics to find the
model I wanted at $600 below retail. When I asked why it was so low, I was
told that it was a mistake and they adjusted the price in their computers.
Although I was told that they would sell me the product for the listed
price, the store manager eventually stated that they were under no
obligation to do so and cancelled the lower price.

Since I am not an expert in consumer law, I thought I would put the question
to the list: Is there any law regulating this situation, and, if so, what
is it?

Thanks in advance.

- --
                        Logan Kennelly