[Fwd: Administrivia: Symantec acquiring SecurityFocus]

Author: foodog
Subject: [Fwd: Administrivia: Symantec acquiring SecurityFocus]
KevinO wrote:

> Will Bugtraq ever be the same ?

I don't have any love for Symantec (or respect for that matter), but
they'd have to be really st00pid to mess with Bugtraq, et. al. and
alienate the entire private security community, as well as a lot of the
commercial folks.

I can't help but wonder why they decided to buy SF though (perhaps
that's why I'm not a stinkin' rich sociopathic businessperson...) Why
buy something then destroy its value, unless you're MS babyguarding your
monopoly? I guess we wait and see what happens.

Steve