OpenOffice

Author: Logan Kennelly
Subject: OpenOffice
On Tuesday 09 July 2002 09:25 am, Lynn David Newton wrote:
> A friend of mine has a Windows machine which until
> recently had only the ancient MS Works (notice that's
> *not* MS *Word*) for a word processor. At my suggestion
> he got OpenOffice. He tells me that he can't save a
> document from OpenOffice in Word format. I find that
> hard to believe. Is that true?

As others have pointed out, it is not only possible, it was seen as a
necessity.

However, after making it a point that he uses/used MS Works, perhaps it was
a typo. As far as I know, OpenOffice does not save in MS Works format.
However, I don't have a copy running to verify this, so someone please
correct me if I am wrong.

- --
                        Logan Kennelly
      ,,,