news (inn) as intranet server

Author: Bob George
Subject: news (inn) as intranet server
I've set up a news server (inn) as a test intranet server under SuSE
8.0. I've got a mail-to-news gateway going, and am having generally good
luck with it. However, a couple of things are stumping me, despite
several search engine forays. I'm currently having messages sent to and
IMAP folder and newsgroup, and they're fine in the mail version but in
news, I've got the following problems:

1. HTML is being mangled. I know that HTML is a no-no in the outside
world, but this server will never be connected externally. I'd like to
have the capability of viewing formatted messages in the local newsgroups.

2. Mail headers are being stripped off. In particular, this is wrecking
my carefully crafted Reply-to: headers for mailing lists.

I'm sure these are some basic inn techniques, but I'm afraid they're
eluding me at present. If anyone has any pointers to how to resolve
these problems with inn, I'd appreciate them!

Thanks,

- Bob