Palladium : The cure for Independence (User Friendly Linux)

Author: Robert Bushman
Subject: Palladium : The cure for Independence (User Friendly Linux)
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, bob smith wrote:

> So my solution is to baptize the hard drive of the
> only computer left in the house that runs Windows.

WooHoo!

> This is the computer that my parents and sister use.
> What is the most easily administered and user friendly
> Linux distribution? What do you all think would be
> best suited for them. I would put FreeBSD on their but
> I think that might scare them away :).

There are many great distros, and I would never
seek to disparage any of them.

Personally, I find it extremely easy to use Mandrake
8.1 (have heard some boxes have trouble installing
8.2), with the full Ximian treatment. OpenOffice
1.0 is my new favorite toy (was using StarOffice
6.0, which is identical, but with proprietary
extensions).

I also find RedHat LIMBO intriguing, as it ships
with OpenOffice 1.0 and Mozilla 1.0, but it is
still in beta, and installing those two apps on
Mandrake 8.1 is trivial.

"We need commonsense judges who understand that our rights were
derived from God. Those are the kind of judges I intend to put on
the bench." President George W. Bush, 27 June 2002
http://www.nando.net/politics/story/453192p-3627921c.html

"no religious Test shall ever be required" Constitution Article 6
http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDERAL/usconst/art-6.html