Forums

Author: Voltage Spike
Subject: Forums
On Thursday 04 July 2002 09:12, Dr.G wrote:
> Nothing personal. But I find it highly amusing that Anti-Anything-Microsoft
> people use hotmail. Especially since you now have to sign up for passport
> to use it.

I thought this comment was a little rude, so let me clarify. Not everyone on
this list is anti-Microsoft. I happen to thoroughly enjoy many of their
products, but I am extremely pro-Linux as the tools allow me to work in a way
that I feel is more productive. Plus, the Unix environment is just plain
fun. :-P

PS: I agree that Passport is a bad idea, and anyone using Hotmail should
consider an alternative provider (fastmail.fm is built off of open source
tools, allows for IMAP access, and has a 40Mb per month traffic limit on
their free plan).

- --
                        Voltage Spike
      ,,,