Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreemen…

Author: der.hans
Subject: Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement
Am 03. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Lee Einer so:

> We have no basis for thinking that Paul Allsing is the enemy- but if
> we approach him as such, we will surely make an enemy of him. It looks
> like Maricopa County has a lot of money and time invested in
> developing their intranet, e-mail system, etc on the Microsoft OS, and
> asking them to walk away from that will be a hard sell. The bottom
> line is that it is unrealistic to expect the County to cease using
> Microsoft products immediately.

Debarring Microsoft doesn't require the county to immediately stop using
Microsoft. It would prohibit the county from entering into new contracts
with Microsoft until Microsoft is no longer debarred.

The current licenses would still be valid and the county would be able to
use them. The county just would not be able to purchase any more licenses.

I don't know what the fine grained details would be, e.g. would the county
be able to alter a current agreement?

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com/
# Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on