IPCop

Author: bob smith
Subject: IPCop
--- robert jorgenson <> wrote:
> Okay right now i have it set up so that the IPCop
> box uses dhcp to get an ip from the qwest gateway
> box. I enabled the dhcp server on the IPCop box so
> the rest of my box's on the netwrok get an IP using
> the range 192.168.1.200/250 the adress of the green
> nic is 192.168.1.1 and the red nic is dhcp. when i
> try and get an address on my box it just fails, did
> i miss an option or something? or am i doing it
> completely wrong?

This sounds like a problem I was having a while ago
where I couldn't get a new IP via DHCP because the
lease was still bound to the MAC address of the other
NIC I was using (acronyms are great). Use the NIC that
was originally in that machine (if you aren't
already), and maybe that'll allow you to get online.

ping will be your best friend in trying to see if the
network is correct. See if you can ping QWest from the

IPCop box.